You may make a favorable impression with someone about yourself or your business and not even realize it. When you do make an important contact, follow up afterward with a note or a card or an invitation to have coffee together to discuss your mutual interests.
Everyone can use networking tips. Here are 10 to get you going…
10 Tips for Networking
- Do not lead with the attitude of “what’s in it for me”?
- Be a good listener.
- Build relationships.
- Give referrals for other services or businesses besides your own that may be useful to your fellow “networkers”.
- Do not ask for referrals without explaining your needs – tell them your “story”.
- Be specific about the type of referral you are giving or wanting.
- Always thank the person who gave you the referral.
- Follow up on the referral as soon as possible.
- Let the person know that “so&so” referred you to them.
- Have fun!
Tip ‘o the hat? If you enjoyed this article, please “tip” it by sharing it with your friends on Twitter today. All you have to do is click the little green “retweet” button on this post. If you have another favorite social network or bookmark site, you’ll probably find a quick link to it below. Color yourself encouraged! Thank you.
New here? If you’re just getting here for the first time, fear not! Have an opinion, share it! Want more information? Ask for it! Schedule some time in my calendar and see how it’s done!