Network marketing is a $178 billion industry right now. According to The Economist, it is one of the most booming industries across the world in this decade. Everyday, thousands of new members join companies without any prior experience. Some achieve success of highest terms, while some leave empty handed. But experts say it is foolish to quit. Success is easy in network marketing, if you follow some super easy tips to career development.
This is not always the easiest journey to start out on, but I promise I can give you some help. I’ve seen lots of people give up before they even started and I hate to see that. This is such a fun business and can really free you from the everyday things that drive us all crazy. You know… traffic, an uncomfortable office, a terrible boss.
Here are my 11 easy tips for career development in network marketing that will set you on the right path…
1. Get a personal coach or get into a leadership mentoring program designed for people in this business. Focus on what you are being taught. Apply your lessons in your everyday life. You need to implement the things that people are teaching you. Taking what you’ve learned is critical to learning from mistakes and improving yourself.
2. Seeing that this is a direct sales business, you are going to need sales promotions. Use social media and internet marketing along with digital communication tools to promote your product, brand, and to generate plenty of leads. Trust me, it’s not hard to do and it’s something that can bring lots of interested people to your product or service.
3. Find a company in your preferred niche. After joining, produce value by marketing the products on a daily basis. To do that, you can share product samples, create awareness on your product through social media and online forums, start blogging on websites that are about your product, and make YouTube videos. You can even start a website, if you’re ready to get started on a larger scale.
4. Network marketing is not a hobby to pursue; it is a business that can fetch you thousands of dollars each week if do it correctly. I’ve always said that network marketing can be a lucrative business, or it can be an expensive hobby, it is up to you. So, work hard on how you are going to project yourself and your product to people. You get what you put out; hobby income or professional income… you make the decision.
5. To reap the rewards of a victorious downline, constantly make friends and get in touch with new people. You may face rejection, but if you can replicate the system without giving up, then no one can stop you from getting rich. Rejection is something that you will come to deal with and really, it’s not too hard to learn how to deal with it.
Network marketing businesses have taken a great pace to refuel the world wide income opportunities. This is due to the fact that career development is rampant in most major companies.
6. First, you need to be able to dedicate a routine towards your daily work and follow it. If you have a team, then share your routine with members and work accordingly. You can make small changes as long as you have an effective time management system for your booming business.
7. Go through the leadership training manuals given to you thoroughly. Make your team understand each step of leadership training fully. If your team doesn’t understand the reasoning for your mission, then how can you expect them to really have their heart in it? Going through exercises and training together will help build your team and the moral of the members.
8. Motivate and provide leadership training to people who will bring success to your business. Appreciate their work. In the case of unproductive members, be reproachful. A true leader in network marketing can handle failures, disappointments, and yield solutions.
You have to remember that career development in network marketing depends a lot on how to motivate those around you.
9. Be committed towards your goal. Not only should you have commitment to your goal, but you should also try to set SMART goals. You know… specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. If you can measure the rise and fall in numbers, you can improve them too. Any failure is a lesson that should be considered and reflected upon. If you can’t learn from your mistakes, then you are doomed to repeat them.
10. If a particular thing works, then encourage your business team to replicate it in their efforts. Copies of talents and traits will help you to score your goal quickly. But, you must avoid anything that you deem harmful to teamwork. You should try to integrate these traits into your official strategy for recruitment, social media, content development, etc. By having all of these down in a central location that your team can access, you will be able to set a standard that is transparent and open to new ideas.
11. If you have a tendency to ask people for favors, you need to stop it immediately . Rather give them favors to add value to what they do. This way, you will form a more meaningful relationship with potential clients and team members for future business ventures. Your number one goal should always be to give value to those around you. Try to solve their problems and answer the questions that they may have. This is something that will draw people to you and allow you to generate more leads.
Career development in network marketing is something that is easy for all of us to achieve. It involves constant feedback from teammates and from yourself. Always be open to new ideas and people that you will meet. If you’d like to learn more about this, feel free to send me an email! As always, if you got some value from this, or know someone who might, feel free to like, share, or comment!
Thinking about coaching? Check out the Work with Drew Berman tab where I can help you go from hobby income to professional income!
PS: Need some more career development for your network marketing career? I think you might want to AskRoxi for some help becoming the best you can be!