How to market to using Facebook, without alienating your friends and family! Most network marketers think that now they are in network marketing they should just post how cool their company is and just start marketing using Facebook. There are 7 keys to how to market using Facebook.
Facebook is here to stay folks, and, with social media, building your network marketing business is now easier than ever. That is, if you do it right. Unfortunately, most network marketers do not know how to do it right and they struggle. In my book You Online You Offline – How to Make a Fortune in Network Marketing, I teach the concepts of marketing – both online and offline.
To build a network marketing empire, to go from hobby income to professional income, takes; time, skills, patience, persistence, mindset, habits… and massive action. From 20 somethings to baby Boomers, the internet is here to stay, and, social media can assist you, but its important to know before you start marketing using Facebook, you need to know how to market using facebook.
7 Key Tips on How to Market Using Facebook
- Don’t Forget the Phone. As fun as social media is, I don’t recommend hiding behind the computer. Get your conversations offline as soon as possible, or as soon as it is appropriate.
- Stop Selling. Remember, social medial is supposed to be social. When is the last time you woke up wanting to buy something on Facebook? You haven’t? Oh…. well neither have they. 🙂
- Your profile picture should be YOU! It should not be your company logo of juicity juice. It should not be a picture of you and your dog, or you and your kids or you and your cronies out having drinks for mardi gras, cinco de mayo, or st patricks day. Keep it clean. A nice professional picture will do the trick.
- Focus on other people. Like, comment, and share other peoples stuff. Get actively involved in their lives. Ask about their kids, their pets, their job… focus on connecting NOT prospecting.
- Stop marketing using Facebook. Ok, so here is the truth. You are not marketing your business on Facebook, especially on your personal page. If you want you can set up a business page for that. On a business page, you can continue marketing your business. There are still some rules. You want to offer value, have contests, give aways, coupons etc. You want to create engagement.
- Remember the rule 10-4-1. As you are posting, keep it light, keep it fun. You are using Facebook for marketing your business, you are using Facebook for marketing yourself. 10 posts should be fun or funny. They should be inspirational or motivational. You can use google for ideas. I often will just type into google “funny posts for Facebook” or “best Facebook posts” or “motivational posts for Facebook”. 4 posts can be a subtle reference to your business. Perhaps a before and after photo, a success story, a victory celebration for one of your team mates etc. 1 post can be a little bit more about your business. I still would not mention it by name, but you can reference the benefits rather then the name. Follow this formula and you will have more success.
- Its hard to kiss someone who is backing away. Same thing with using I would take the name of your company off your Facebook page. You want to create some curiosity. Create intrigue. Engage and connect with people. Share stories. Facts tell and stories sell. Have people wanting to know what you are doing rather then shoving it in their face.
Most importantly be YOU, be authentic, and treat people the way you want to be treated. Its the same online as it is offline. You wouldn’t walk into a room and stand on a table and yell into a megaphone YOU ALL NEED MY PRODUCT… same thing when marketing using Facebook.
To your success
Join the conversation.
When it comes to your business, how do you market using Facebook?
Please share your comments below.
PS – If you don’t yet have my book YouOnlineYouOffline – How to Make A Fortune in Network Marketing…. you can get it on Amazon…. lmk if the tips and techniques help you…