My last blog entry raised an eyebrow or two for sure! Even better and to bolster my point, all my feedback was offline comments and questions. That’s exactly why we marketers need to bring our offline and online worlds together, blur the lines! The number one question on how to bring our offline and online marketing worlds together is … HOW??? How do we do it? What can we do offline that cannot be ignored, can produce dramatic results, is completely duplicatable, simple, and even fun that can bring together old school skill and the power of technology? It’s all about High Tech AND High Touch. Remember – as good as you are on the internet – you still need to keep it real. It’s still about the people, connecting with and helping people.
Check with the best out there, they’ll tell you the same thing: drop cards! Drop cards are simple cards with an image of $1, $5, $20, or even $100 bills (I like the $100 personally) on one side and a quote and your web site address on the other. It’s simple, inexpensive, and incredibly effective.
Now, how can these drop cards be used? Don’t just leave piles of cards on retail counters around town. Be strategic! Here are some effective drop card techniques, as offered by the drop card KING and from whom I learned these techniques, Cedrick Harris. Surely, the benefits will be obvious so I’ll spare the details.
Techniques for Duplication and Lead Traffic using Drop Cards
- Leave a drop card in the gas pump credit card slot at your local gas station. Better yet, leave one in every gas pump credit card slot at your local gas station!
- Whenever you receive junk mail with US Postage Paid envelopes, mail it back with nothing but a drop card inside.
- At the newspaper stand, leave a drop card inside each remaining paper, free real estate magazine, “pennysaver” periodical, etc.
- Leave a drop card inside the SkyMall magazine on the airplane.
- Leave a drop card in motivational books, such as “The Secret”, “Rich Dad, Poor Dad”, and “Think and Grow Rich” in the local bookstore or library.
- Leave a drop card with a tip for hotel housekeepers, waiters, and waitresses. (It goes without saying that you cannot be stingy when you do this!)
The possibilities are endless! Think about how many cards can be easily distributed. With only a 5% to 10% response ratio, you can still find yourself with more leads than you’ve ever imagined!
Need more information? Just leave your contact information on the left and I’ll contact you personally with details! Don’t hesitate! The first step is yours!!!