True to servitude leadership form, rather than view this from my own perspective today – or that of the leader in any organization – and provide coaching tips, here are some things to keep in mind when you are looking for someone to provide you with personal, life, and/or small business coaching. What are the characteristics that you should consider when searching for a success coach? These are important! Make a good selection and your success duplicating these efforts and providing others with small business coaching will soar. Select a poor mentor – and “poor” in the sense that they simply may not jive well with you – and you’re destined to achieve mediocre results at best. (That’s where the poison comes in! )
Personal, Life, & Small Business Coaching – Picking the best, to provide the best
- The Jive – Do you really jive with this person? Does your potential success coach leave you energized or exhausted? You’re probably going to be taking a lot of direction from this person. If they bend you the wrong way, that will get old quick. You need to like your coach. When you become a coach to others, keep this in mind as well. Note that not everyone can coach everyone. Not all personalities work well together. It’s not personal. Move on.
- Do your homework – In the network marketing industry, small business coaching talent that lacks the talent to obscure their lack of network marketing success is a clear sign that perhaps you should look elsewhere for your success coach. It’s a little catch-22, I know, but there are a lot of people out there. It’s probably best to pick up the phone and have a conversation. After 5 minutes, you’ll know if your prospective mentor has the goods.
- Accessibility – Speaking of picking up the phone, when you did so, how long did it take you to get a hold of this person? Whether it be personal, life, or small business coaching, accessibility is key to a good relationship. If you’re trying to accomplish something, waiting days – or sometimes even hours – to get direction is unsatisfactory. Definitely keep this in mind as you turn the corner and begin coaching others. You need to stay grounded!
- Servitude Leadership – Again, I strongly believe that, as a leader, you’re goal is to help others succeed. Therefore, in my opinion, your success coach should provide the direction necessary for you to succeed. That is not to say that in providing small business coaching, they “do the work for you.” Not at all. On the contrary, a mentor will challenge you, drive you, guide you, and ask you questions that should open your eyes to your own personal answers.
- Walk the walk – It would be difficult to expect that someone who is an expert in one type of business be a success coach to someone in an entirely different business. Personal and life coaching aside, small business coaching is most beneficial when both parties are in as closely related businesses as possible. Of course, in network marketing, they would have an upline/downline relationship. But, on top of that, you might expect that your prospective network marketing success coach be keenly aware of both offline and online marketing strategies, attend many industry events, have relationships with both company leadership and/or key associates, and have relationships with industry experts as well. (Like me! )
- Who is their success coach? When interviewing your prospective coach, find out who guides them. Have you heard of these people? Maybe not – but that’s OK. What is more important is what makes that mentor special to your prospective coach. The relationship that they have with others will likely be similar to the relationship you have with them. Plus, you’re likely to take on characteristics of all of these mentors. Is this attractive? Be the judge!
Small business coaching is not easy. Picking a success coach using these guidelines will help you help yourself ultimately become a great coach someday as well. In network marketing, that translates to a large team, and a larger paycheck! And, well, there’s no poison in that at all!
Small Business Coaching – Time to take action
If you’re languishing in your business and need guidance, pick up your phone right now and give me a call: 203-244-5405. Perhaps you and I will “jive” and I’ll help you get on the right track towards your small business coaching career and profitability today!
Tip ‘o the hat? If you enjoyed this article, please “tip” it by sharing it with your friends on Twitter and Facebook today. All you have to do is click the little green “retweet” button or the blue “share” button on this post. If you have another favorite social network or bookmark site, you’ll probably find a quick link to it below. Color yourself encouraged! Thank you.
New here? If you’re just getting here for the first time, fear not! Have an opinion, share it! Want more information? Ask for it! All you have to do is put your name and e-mail in the little box below. Presto!
Want immediate results? I am currently looking for 2 individuals to add to my team and mentor to a 6 figure income. Schedule some time in my calendar and see how it’s done! I look forward to working with you!! Get with the best! Nothing to lose, everything to gain!
As a small business coaching tip from me to you, you owe it to yourself to see what I’m talking about!